Snow Pea and Quinoa Stir-Fry


Mixed Close Up

Snow Pea and Quinoa Stir-Fry



The other day, Aaron went to the grocery store to grab just a few ingredients for dinner and came back with three full grocery bags. I should know better ;) This just meant I had to become creative with our meals! What do I do with a pound of snow peas, sliced mushrooms, and leftover quinoa? Put a new spin on stir-fry: Snow Pea and Quinoa Stir-Fry!
Mixed Close Up
I love stir-fries! They are simple and quick, my preference for a recipe just about every time.
This stir-fry didn’t require a ton of ingredients. I almost always have onions and garlic on hand plus I had water chestnuts from a previous grocery trip.
Ingred 2
After sautéing the onions and garlic in some olive oil, I added in the snow peas, mushrooms, and water chestnuts, and continued to cook until the vegetables were tender. Then I tossed in cooked quinoa and soy sauce, and cooked until the quinoa was heated through. Right before I took it off the heat, I added a few dashes of sriracha and sesame oil. Voila!
All mixed
I served it up with broiled salmon marinated in Soy-Vey sauce. Perfect combination.
Complete Dinner
This stir-fry could  be made with cooked brown rice instead of quinoa, but I love that quinoa has so much protein and its texture holds up well when cooked. You could also add chicken, eggs, or tofu to make this a complete meal instead of a side dish.
Do you like stir-fries? What do you add to keep them interesting?
Snow Pea and Quinoa Stir-Fry
Makes 4-6 servings
Ingredients:
-2 onions, sliced
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1 lb snow peas, trimmed
-8 oz sliced mushrooms
-1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts
-1 1/2  cup cooked quinoa
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp sriracha, to taste
-2 tsp sesame oil
Directions:
1. Add oil to a saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and saute for 4-5 minutes until they start to become transparent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
2. Add mushrooms, snow peas, and water chestnuts and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Stir in quinoa and soy sauce and cook until quinoa is heated through.
4. Mix in sriracha and sesame oil and serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment