Easy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Easy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Get ready, cause this recipe is GOOD. I initially planned to have leftovers, but trust me, it didn't last!
To make the dish, I boiled chicken thighs  in a large pot of water with an onion (halved) and a few whole cloves of garlic. Once the thighs were cooked (about 20 minutes), I shredded with a fork AND had homemade chicken stock! Great to have on hand for later.
Boiled Chicken Thighs
I used diced celery for crunch, though water chestnuts would work well, too (I had the celery on hand). I also sautéed a green pepper and green onion, and then mixed in the chicken and sauce.
Peppers Onions Celery
Easy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Deeeelicous.
Easy Fast Quick Dinner Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I had romaine lettuce on hand, which was not super convenient for lettuce wraps. I ended up slicing the ends of the wraps where the lettuce is narrower and eating like a salad, then holding the upper 2/3 of the lettuce in my hand like a real wrap. A bit messy, napkins were a necessity.
Hope you enjoy!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serves 2-3
Ingredients
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small green pepper, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
2-3 green onions, diced
4-5 chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
Lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
Directions
1. Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
3. Add peppers to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently
4. Add celery and green onions to the pan and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken and soy sauce mixture to the pan and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve over lettuce leaves and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment